PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Red?

Raibaru
11/06/2008, 07:19 PM
Don't know when it happened, was working fine for weeks/month, but today the motor isn't spinning and the light on the controller is red.

So what does this mean in english?

Raibaru
11/06/2008, 07:24 PM
Well I unplugged it for a few minutes and then plugged it back in, it only spun for a short while and then red again.

mikenam
11/06/2008, 07:47 PM
same with me. Its a blinking red. I unplug it, it works for a couple seconds and then stops completely and blinks red. Any help? i just bought two mp40w like couple weeks ago.

Raibaru
11/06/2008, 07:52 PM
Mine isn't blinking red, just solid red.

For a little more information, I have a tank that's thickness is slightly more then 1/4" so I went to the next one up. It has been running flawlessly like this for a week or 2. In my other tank it had been running at 1/4" for 2-4weeks with no issues either.

I've been running it in long pulse mode.

Raibaru
11/07/2008, 11:42 AM
Left it unplugged over night and when I plugged it back in today I made sure it was on a different setting (reefcrest as opposed to long pulse) and within a minute it went back to a solid red indicator.

I've tried cleaning the thing. I've tried reseating it. I've tried the pulsing red fix suggested in several other threads.

Next?

jsnicholas
11/07/2008, 06:54 PM
This is strange. I went to try a different mode today after running fine in reef crest mode for 3 weeks and now mine does not work. When I unplug and replug it runs for a short while and then stops and blinks RED.

Raibaru
11/07/2008, 07:06 PM
Blinking red seems quite common and there are a couple threads here explaining how to fix them. The solid red they told me through email that it tried to update for some random reason and I'll need to complete the update to fix the problem.

No one I know local has these pumps though unfortunately so looks like Monday I'm forced to ship this thing off to never never land.

EcoTech Marine
11/10/2008, 09:12 AM
Raibaru-

Being that you're in Maryland the turn around on your pump should be extremely quick. You're correct that blinking red is a common problem and cause by someone accidentally entering the pump through calibration mode while it is connected to the aquarium. We'll sort through your solid red error code as soon as we receive the pump.

For those of you with a blinking red light, perform the following steps:

Hold mode (pump blinks white)
Hold mode and set (pump blinks yellow/white)
Cycle power to the pump by unplugging and replugging the power jack.

If this doesn't work contact us via email at service@ecotechmarine.com or 610.954.8480 ext 106

-Tim