PDA

View Full Version : Anemones making comeback

edandujo
11/07/2008, 09:56 AM
Weirdest thing, I have had rbta for a long time around 6 years and have split many times. They have survived moves from 55 to 90 to 110 tall and still healthy and great. I recently move them to my 180 tall acrylic and were doing fine over the first few months ( Have 3 huge ones). Then all of a sudden they started hiding and losing color. All params were good, everything in tank healthly and prospering, leathers, frogspawn, bubble, colt, cynarnina, hammers. etc. Started feeding them, but still hiding, but staying alive for around 3 months, very thin though. Realized protein skimmer was working properly, fixed it and around 2 weeks later after getting rid of some gunk, guess what they started coming out and going to the light. I have aways used a protein skimmer but kind of neglected on new tank since everything looked good but anemones. I was always back and forth on PS but now I will always use them. Just thought I'd share with you.

garygb
11/07/2008, 11:10 AM
Glad to hear your anemones are coming back around. Thanks for the information, too. I'm a believer in protein skimmers too, although I know some folks have luck without them. I suppose lots of chaeto and lots of activated carbon could compensate some for not have a protein skimmer, but since so many models are available, I say why not take advantage of the technology.