PDA

View Full Version : Lost Damsel-Found

4fishman
11/07/2008, 10:38 AM
I've had my reef tank for almost 2 years now. Lost a few fish along the way. Some I never found in the tank, with the exception of 2 fish. My most recent tale invloves my first fish, a blue damsel. About 2 months ago, the damsel vanished, no trace in or out of the tank. Yesterday at 6 a.m. feeding time, the damsel reappeared, none the worse.
Anybody ever have a similar experience??

an411
11/07/2008, 10:46 AM
That is good that you found him. I hate losing fish and not being able to find them happened to me once it drove me crazy and everything that went wrong with the tank i blamed it on the missing fish

crvz
11/07/2008, 12:41 PM
I've had that happen with an anemone. One day, just disappeared. Six months later, crawled out of a tiny hole and grew back to normal size. Really odd.

Phyxius
11/07/2008, 12:56 PM
6 line wrasse went awol for weeks after I had fed it that a.m. We searched the sump, overflows, filter socks and the floors and figured it jumped and became a dog treat. Went shopping for a new one for a couple weeks more and then all of a sudden it reappeared and just as healthy as the day it left.

ERIKATHORNBURG
11/07/2008, 12:59 PM
Wow! Those are some storys! I've had them disappear, but never reappear! :(

Phyxius
11/07/2008, 01:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13700494#post13700494 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ERIKATHORNBURG
Wow! Those are some storys! I've had them disappear, but never reappear! :(

Yeah wish my 6 line that reappeared could have taken the place of my Chevron tang that never did...Ate from my hand that night and then gone that morning.

BuddhaKiss
11/07/2008, 02:21 PM
I had a firefish that disappeared for weeks. Thought it carper doved and searched and searched, could never find it. so I thought it died in its bolthole and didn't feel like digging around my LR for it. Then one day it just popped out...looking completely healthy

FranktheTankTx
11/07/2008, 02:30 PM
What the heck??? Where the hell do they go for so long? I've never heard of stuff like this.

tgunn
11/07/2008, 02:35 PM
I've had a few mystery creatures like this before..

My strawberry conch tends to be active mainly at night. There was a span when I hadn't seen him for around 3 months, and then one day I saw a little eye poking out of the sand. Sure enough he was perfectly fine.

I had a peppermint shrimp dissapear, and I thought he was dead. Months later he showed up alive in the sump, hiding under a piece of live rock.

Tyler

slapshot16
11/07/2008, 02:54 PM
My 6 line wrasse was MIA for 3 months. Found him happy as a clam in the sump.

I found 1 of my missing clowns when I upgraded to my 90. He went carpet surfung and turned into fish jerkey.

Rae C.
11/07/2008, 04:55 PM
Alien abductions?

Shiandy
11/07/2008, 05:06 PM
I put some Peppermint shrimps in my Tank, and they all dissapeared, spotted one about 8 months later, they do a very good job of hiding, and only come out when its dark.

But I've not had a fish go missing, had a few jumpers though, one even landed on the Wife while shes was watching TV, I heard a scream and came running, to find my Lawnmower Blenny sitting in her lap :)