PDA

View Full Version : Niger trigger and cleaner shrimp!

Recty
11/09/2008, 03:47 PM
Pretty cool, I was pretty certain when I got the large niger that my cleaner shrimp would be eaten within a day or two.

To make the problem worse, I was planning on treating the main tank with quinine sulfate, so removed the cleaner shrimp to a seperate 29g tank for a while. Turns out that tank LEAKED after 2 days, so I had to put the cleaners back into the main tank. I was almost sure they would be eaten the instant they hit the water, I should have gotten it on video but I didnt. Anyway, long story short, the fish looked at the shrimp, the puffer came right up to them and I thought was going to take a chomp but then just stared and turned around. The shrimp live! I've apparently got some notably aggressive fish that have a real soft spot for cleaners :)

Anyway, I saw the cleaner jump on the Niger so I got a quick video, I always like documenting those types of things :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgYhfLuqE9Y

karlyhui
11/09/2008, 06:22 PM
That's great, my niger is reef safe and he/she attack the shrimp right away. Wasted 18 dollars.

Now you try a starfish

Recty
11/09/2008, 06:44 PM
Eh, I've never liked starfish, I'll be happy he just isnt eating shrimp at the moment :)

barbianj
11/09/2008, 07:37 PM
Is that a long streamer from the trigger blowing in the powerhead? You must be keeping your fish well fed.

Recty
11/09/2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah, his bottom streamer is a good 2.5" to 3" long. The top one isnt as long, probably only about an inch and a half.

ChiefRon
11/10/2008, 10:57 AM
Bummer on the tank leaking, but good news on the cleaner shrimp!

Very encouraging that the trigger let the shrimp clean him...wonder how long it will last? :)

Recty
11/10/2008, 11:39 AM
I dont know, but I'm going to be watching them :)

Grouperhead
11/10/2008, 12:34 PM
That is an awesome vid. The sohal looks like he is already coloring up very nicely :)

Recty
11/10/2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the Sohal is looking pretty good. I'm hoping he grows fast :)