PDA

View Full Version : Help with stocking my 144gl reef tank

CoachOJ
11/09/2008, 06:39 PM
This is my list of fish that I would like to add to my tank. The dimension are 4 ft long, 2 ft wide and 30 in deep. Any advice to what doesn't work and what order I should put them in would be appreciated. Do I have enough space for every fish? I have a refugium and know that the Mandarin will need to be added after the tank is established.

2 - Ocellaris Clownfish
1 - Green Mandarin
5 - Blue Green Chromis
1 - Flame Angelfish
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Powder Blue Tang
1 - Six line Wrasse
1 - Midas Blenny
1 - Royal Gramma

I would also like to add 1 of the following if possible:
Green Clown Goby, 3 Stripe Damsel, or a Engineer Goby

I will have shrimp in the tank and would like to know if there would be any conflict with my fish selections. Thanks for the help

rob1991
11/11/2008, 03:42 PM
idk if a powder blue and yellow tang will be ok in a 4 ft tank......i think the yellow might be ok acctually but not the powder blue because they are active swimmers and they need a 6 foot space to swim at least....

reefman8471
11/11/2008, 09:48 PM
Be careful when you add the Green Mandarin. I would add him last or close to last after the tank has been up for several months (5-6 at least) because it is very hard to get the mandarin to eat prepared foods. They need a healthy and reproducing microfaunal population to thrive. I think a refugium will help you in that regard.

James