PDA

View Full Version : wasp vs. mystery wrasse!!!


ahullsb
11/09/2008, 08:11 PM
I just swatted a wasp which flew directly in my tank. My mystery wrasse ate it before I could get my net in there and get it out...is it going to die? I imagine getting stung or eating it is not a good thing.

Don-Coraleone
11/09/2008, 08:12 PM
he should be fine.

LOTUS50GOD
11/09/2008, 08:15 PM
Really not much you can do about it now.. Watch your wrasse and hope for the best..

MileHighFish
11/09/2008, 08:57 PM
u might want to get a screen for your windows :)

TheH
11/09/2008, 08:58 PM
You didn't happen to bug spray the wasp, did you?

klaytos
11/09/2008, 10:56 PM
As long as it wasn't sprayed with an insecticide I would think it would be ok. Freshwater fish eat them all the time, and to my knowledge there is nothing special about them that allows them to do it. Like mentioned, not much to do now but watch and wait. I'd imagine you would know something in a couple of hours?

ahullsb
11/10/2008, 07:26 PM
No I didn't spray it. Just beat it the old fashion way. :) The wrasse ended up being fine. I was worried that it may have been stung before it swallowed it, or in the process. But he is tougher than I thought! ;)

redfishsc
11/10/2008, 08:01 PM
Honey bees have a strange habit of kamikaze whole-sale suicide. I've seen hundreds of them at once land on a farm pond, buzz around the surface (trying to get free from the surface of the water) and then PLOOOMP get eaten buy bluegill and bass.

I've always wondered what kept the fish from getting stung, b/c they LOVE honeybees, but apparently it doesn't bother them.

crvz
11/10/2008, 09:13 PM
That's crazy, I'm surprised the wrasse ate it. But a good means of eliminating a wasp.

museumguy
11/10/2008, 09:18 PM
I am an entomologist. You can trust me when I say the fish will be fine. Probably healthy food for the fish really. Cheers!