PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Power Center

squealy
11/10/2008, 08:10 PM
Has anyone else had this problem? I have now had 3 coralife power centers, 2 singles and one double, where after about 2 weeks the daylight timer stopped functioning correctly. Although the timer would advance, the daylight plugs stopped turning off so that the lights would remain on all night. I've had 2 different lights ( 3 foot T5's), so it's not my fixture.

Any ideas? Thanks.

sassafrass
11/10/2008, 08:24 PM
They are pure crap ,the best advice I can give is get rid of them immediatly. The rotary ones at hardware stores work great and are foolproof usually about $5

atvdave
11/10/2008, 08:27 PM
Yep.. your not alone. Before I got a controller, I just went to Lowe's and got some cheap digital timers and plugged my light's into them. I no longer use the timers dew to I now have a controller, but the timers still work great. 5 + years. I now use them for my Christmas lights.

jprince58
11/10/2008, 08:36 PM
Perhaps I'm the only person on the planet to actually have decent luck with these. I currently have three of them in use. One of them has about three years on it, one about two years, and the third just under a year. I've never had a problem with them at all. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Check to be sure the center switch isn't set to the "on" and make sure your timer pins are in the correct position.

squealy
11/10/2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks. I thought it was something that I was doing incorrectly, but now I see that it is probably a flaw in the product. I suggested that when I spoke to the online retailer who sold it to me, but they acted like it is the first time they heard of this problem. I'll get my refund tomorrow and get some rotary timers at my LHS.

mac77
11/10/2008, 08:45 PM
Are the rotary timers better than the digital timers?

Zegg
11/10/2008, 09:17 PM
dont get it, damn near almost burnt my house down with those. LOL. Stay away!!!

atvdave
11/10/2008, 09:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13721351#post13721351 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by squealy
I'll get my refund tomorrow and get some rotary timers at my LHS.

I'd get the digital one's if I was you. If the power goes out they will still keep time for a few hours more.

JMO..