PDA

View Full Version : help with sebae!

Moonstream
11/10/2008, 11:05 PM
I have had my sebe about two weeks, and she isnt looking that great. she seems to have a damaged foot, her mouth is in a hole down strait through her foot, and only half of her is sticky. she is fairly deflated, and overall looking bad. unfortionatly, I think I made it worse by moving her for two days into a different tank w/o lighting over the weekend, because 5min before we left, she looked horrible, and I thought she was going to die and was afraid she would crash the tank. I was not willing to risk the 1000s of dollars I have put into the livestock in the tank for a 25 dollar anemone, and I also was not willing to risk losing some of my favorite fish. I moved her back today and put her into a mug so that she is protected form currents and pesky fish/hermits. my clowns are still hosting in her, which isnt great for her, but I dont have anywhere else to put them, so...

Moonstream
11/10/2008, 11:16 PM
anyways, what can I do to help her? planning to do chnge 30g of water over the course of tomorrow, about 5g every hour or so, and will try to feed some mysis nd get pictures...

Slakker
11/10/2008, 11:34 PM
Personally I wouldn't try to feed it just yet. I'd wait for it to get settled a bit better and show signs of improvement before feeding...digestion uses energy, and if your anemone really has a damaged foot it needs to focus its energy on recovering.

Moonstream
11/11/2008, 12:06 AM
ok, wont feed anything just yet then! I dont have high hopes of the nem making it, but Im going to do my best.

Slakker
11/11/2008, 10:59 AM
That's all you can do, really...try to keep your water parameters nice and stable, give it good conditions, and try to find some way to keep the clowns out of it.

fittiger
11/14/2008, 02:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13722581#post13722581 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Slakker
Personally I wouldn't try to feed it just yet. I'd wait for it to get settled a bit better and show signs of improvement before feeding...digestion uses energy, and if your anemone really has a damaged foot it needs to focus its energy on recovering.

This is an intriguing statement. Yes, digesting food consumes energy, but no less than is being consumed. That is the whole point of eating, to consume energy.

As far as whether you should feed it or not at this point, I honestly don't know. But this definitely seems like faulty logic.