PDA

View Full Version : whats up with this birdnest

menta
11/11/2008, 04:25 PM
What's going on with it ?
It was pink at start, then got brown, now it gets green. Thats what is suppose to be ?
It gets alot of light and flows.

http://dj-gil.com/aqua/posts/birdnest_green.jpg

jjoos99
11/11/2008, 05:17 PM
I would look at your lighting. I purchased a piece of what I thought was green birdsnest from a local store and within a week in my tank under my t-5s it turned pink.
Jeff

AquamanE
11/11/2008, 05:23 PM
Looks awesome to me, many colors in one. but agree with others lighting changes from lfs to home sometimes brings on different colors.

Don-Coraleone
11/11/2008, 07:20 PM
i dont know whats goin on . but it looks good.

NealNano
11/11/2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah I would say lighting changes would cause the shift in color. The coral looks healthy so I wouldnt worry about that. This change in color could come from a switch from MH to T5 or even a change in MH bulb type, 10k to say a high quality 14k or 20k.

downhillbiker
11/11/2008, 10:01 PM
SPS shift so much in appearance depending on lighting. i pretty much expect my corals to brown out or bleach out when i first get them, then come back even more colorful than before. i think it is a really great, and also annoying part of keeping SPS. i buy corals because i really like them, then they dont look like what i bought, then the freebie that they threw in ends up looking better than i could have ever imagined.

blackthunda77
11/11/2008, 10:05 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13728896#post13728896 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by downhillbiker
SPS shift so much in appearance depending on lighting. i pretty much expect my corals to brown out or bleach out when i first get them, then come back even more colorful than before. i think it is a really great, and also annoying part of keeping SPS. i buy corals because i really like them, then they dont look like what i bought, then the freebie that they threw in ends up looking better than i could have ever imagined.

coundnt have said it any better, lol

dc_909
11/12/2008, 12:07 AM
Not sure, but looks sweet