PDA

View Full Version : Sicce pump not working! Help

VaderWS6
11/11/2008, 07:48 PM
Usually the Sicce pump that powers my MSX 160 skimmer just needs minor tweaking to get it running. Whenever it stops running, the common cure is to blow in the tube, or take it out and mess with the impeller a bit. This time no matter what I do, the pump just gets warm. Thats it, no movement whatsoever.. I'm freaked out over this! :( I'm waiting on a response from Marine Solutions to see if they repair these pumps. I'm very close to just trashing this worthless piece of garbage and going with a different skimmer. I mean, it skims great, but its TOTALLY unreliable. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

jakano
11/11/2008, 08:27 PM
I thought those sicci pumps were supposed to be the S#%* but all I see of them is people having problems. I hope that the company takes care of you. I was considering getting one of these skimmers but not with all the problems with the pumps I keep seeing.

Konadog
11/11/2008, 09:30 PM
Is it a mesh wheel impeller? If so, look to see if the mesh has come loose or is binding within the housing. You may need to reattach or trim it.

VaderWS6
11/11/2008, 09:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13728685#post13728685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Konadog
Is it a mesh wheel impeller? If so, look to see if the mesh has come loose or is binding within the housing. You may need to reattach or trim it.

I checked, the pump just won't work period... I guess my reef will be ok for a week or so without a skimmer.. :( I wonder how my sps will do?

mavgi
11/11/2008, 09:46 PM
maybe you try that..... but if not take out the cover and try to spin the impeller with the finger (take also the shaft out) and see if it's spin out of the water