PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon in the South Pacific - Where?

TacoKing
11/12/2008, 03:13 PM
So, I'm starting to plan my honeymoon and I want to go to the South Pacific some place. My fiance is not a diver, but would love to snorkel and see all the awesome wildlife.

I'm not looking for a place that is geared to just diving with nothing else to do. We are not looking for clubs and places to party every night, but I'd like some kinds of entertainment here and there.

Any ideas?

x2uranium
11/13/2008, 03:10 PM
Fiji

TacoKing
11/13/2008, 03:50 PM
Any more specific?

icy1155
11/13/2008, 04:42 PM
Try looking into Beqa Lagoon Resort. That is where we are looking to go. They have pretty nice packages including airfare from LAX to fiji and back, one weeks stay with 2 boat dives a day, unlimited shore diving, meals included, and nightly entertainment. I belive packages start around 2600$ and up, which if you figure in airfare is about as cheap as you will get a week of diving anywhere.

fijiblue
11/16/2008, 01:21 PM
If you are looking for more of a secluded time, stay away from the Viti Levu and go with Vanua Levu, Yasawas or Mamanucas. I personally enjoy the later two. Don't expect entertainment like in the States...

http://www.jetaboutfijivacations.com/

badgerlaw
11/18/2008, 09:25 PM
Tokoriki is where I honey mooned. Really great resort. I also recommend mixing the resort with a Blue Lagoon Cruise. They will take you snorkeling to some pretty nice areas around Fiji.

dougie
11/20/2008, 04:57 AM
come down under! try the whitsunday islands. greatest place on earth.

corbyjames
11/23/2008, 02:35 PM
Fiji - Taveuni is where my wife and I got married. Also would recommend Yap and Palau. I liked Bali, but felt like everyone, everywhere had their hand out and it got old. If you're feeling adventurous, Lembeh or Wakatobi.

steveweast
11/23/2008, 05:57 PM
Bora Bora....closer than Fiji....and has overwater bungalows. One of those must see romantic places of the world.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=703514

snorvich
11/24/2008, 05:11 PM
For a honeymoon, it is difficult to beat Fiji Forbes Laucala Resort - Fiji Islands.

corbyjames
11/25/2008, 02:53 PM
Relooking at your post Tacoking, if you want some night life, you might want to look harder at French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora) and Bali.

My wife and I go for remote and tourist free :-) I'm an underwater photographer, so the less divers and the wierder the creatures the better. That said, our nights are spent at the resort, her drinking wine and me *****ing about my pictures, camera, and then drinking wine. Probably not what you have in mind for the honeymoon.

TacoKing
11/25/2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses. There are so many places to choose from it's kinda overwhelming. Bora Bora is really looking nice. The airfare is a bit less and the diving looks to be pretty sweet. We both really like the idea of having an over water bungalow for at least part of the trip.

As far as night life/entertainment; I guess we really don't need much. I'm not looking for club type atmosphere or anything like that. Just something to fill the long nights up with. Maybe a local band or something small along those lines.

Thanks again.