PDA

View Full Version : What kind of container do you use to store your frozen food in freezer?

agoutihead
11/13/2008, 10:16 AM
I am in need of a small container to keep my frozen rods reef food in that is FREEZER safe and wont make the food get freezer burn, which is what I have now.

What kind of tupperware containers are freezer burn safe out there?

Logzor
11/13/2008, 10:21 AM
Just double bag it in some zip-lock freezer bags...you could also suck the air out, that could help some.

Slakker
11/13/2008, 10:22 AM
I've just been using the bag it comes in, but mine is getting pretty iced up.

I keep my partial Mysis cubes in one of the small round Ziploc containers and it seems to work out alright.

agoutihead
11/13/2008, 10:35 AM
ziplocks are a pain and never seem to keep them freezer safe.

and im not sucking any air out of a rods reef bag blah.

I would like something quick and easy to just open and pop the top off so I dont have to worry about fish food getting smashed in the zipper over time and making a mess, making my hands smell etc etc.

Slakker
11/13/2008, 10:42 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13738575#post13738575 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agoutihead
...so I dont have to worry about fish food getting smashed in the zipper over time and making a mess, making my hands smell etc etc.

That is the WORST.

Logzor
11/13/2008, 10:44 AM
Well freezer burn only effects taste from what I have read, im sure your fish do not care.

Anyways, you could try some kind of jar that has a rubber gasket and metal clip that seals it shut, similar to the things people keep flour, rice, etc in.

dcombs44
11/13/2008, 10:57 AM
I double up zip lock bags to help prevent freezer burn. also wrap the bags with a newspaper or paper towel.