PDA

View Full Version : Hardware upgrade question

TandN
11/13/2008, 03:47 PM
Ok Im poking around my profulix page. I noticed when I clicked on extras up top that there was a hardware upgrade extended. I do have mine upgraded. So I click on it and it says disconnect main supply and connect again. What does that mean ? Does it mean the power supply or the rs2 cable that connects the controller to the computer ?

AQD_ottawa
11/13/2008, 04:45 PM
This if for people that have just fitted the EX upgrade kit, if you have not DO NOT play with this.

TandN
11/13/2008, 04:54 PM
I dont understand. I talked to you the day I set my controller up for the first time. Before I posted for help I had just finished adding the upgrade and the WLAN card. does this mean it doesnt go for me ? Also when im connected to my profilux and it says profulix plus II as type. Shouldnt it say ex ?

AQD_ottawa
11/13/2008, 05:13 PM
Have you fitted the EX upgrade kit?

TandN
11/13/2008, 05:17 PM
what do you mean fitted ?

AQD_ottawa
11/13/2008, 05:19 PM
Have you installed the EX upgrade kit, the pcb etc etc

TandN
11/13/2008, 05:24 PM
yes I installed it the day I set up my controller. When I did that though I did not have my laptop connected to the controller. Now that I do, its not showing that I have EX just plus II also shows firmware4.00 and my descktop says 4.04 and my wlan cards not being recognized

AQD_ottawa
11/13/2008, 05:55 PM
Ok so you have V4.0 so thats good

OK so follow the instructions that came with the card once you have got your connection back.

TandN
11/13/2008, 06:33 PM
how do I get my connection back

AQD_ottawa
11/13/2008, 06:36 PM
Ok, can we please keep to one post please ;) ;) I am chasing you round the forum answering the questions. I will just reply only here from now on. Your wearing me out ;)

First you said you have an error, do you? i am not sure if your ProfiLux is booting after a failed firmware upload attempt

I think best to refer this to email support. I will respond to your email questions tomorrow morning

TandN
11/13/2008, 06:45 PM
so then tomorrow morning

TandN
11/13/2008, 06:56 PM
heres the error
4.1) AddDeviceManagerKeys: First Part Failed, rv = 5

Matthias Gross
11/14/2008, 02:49 AM
this post fits to your WLAN-problem in the other thread
I can see what the problem is: you upgraded to eX but you didn't do everything strictly according to the instructions

Ok, I think it makes no more sense to give support over this forum, there is no useful information for the other users, the threads are only becoming longer and longer, please contact us directly via email

TandN
11/14/2008, 09:21 AM
My husband has contacted you guys and Mike also emailed you to help me and never heard from you

AQD_ottawa
11/14/2008, 09:28 AM
Sorry this is NOT tue.

I can copy all the emails here back and forth between your husband and I if you like I have them all on file.

AQD_ottawa
11/14/2008, 09:29 AM
Please ask your husband to respond to our last email on Sat 08/11/2008 10:02 PM

I still await his reply

here is the last email

Sent: November-08-08 9:24 PM
To: sales@aqua-digital.com
Subject: Re: Having alot of problems

ok ill call Mike tomorrow. Ive known him for a few years now

MSHUR
11/14/2008, 09:39 AM
Guys,
Nick was over my house and ihelp him to get 4.0 version. Conection via RS cable was perfect. Unfortunately, i couldnt help to set up WLAN, since i only have LAN connection on my system.
He should be over again and i will get him up and running again.:)

mike

AQD_ottawa
11/14/2008, 09:41 AM
Mike

Thanks for your direct help and support, please converse by email how you get on.

Thanks

MSHUR
11/14/2008, 09:42 AM
Will do !

TandN
11/14/2008, 10:24 AM
Ok Mike HOLD UP this is not the email you CCed to me yesterday
Hi Matthias

Please can you help this client out with direct WLAN support

Then maybe you can help me J

Regards

Michael Hall

president of

Aqua Digital Inc

Distributors for -

GHL ProfiLux GmbH

Fauna Marin GmbH
613 424 1679

AQD_ottawa
11/14/2008, 10:32 AM
Matthias responded to you and this email by posts on this forum, please check

Mike is going to help you direct :)

TandN
11/14/2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah today he did Mike. He also said that I need to email him to fix this. So I responded well Mike did yesterday and I never heard from you. And thats when you came in and basically called me a liar saying no I did not, I can post all the emails. So I did just that posted the email that you sent to me and Matthias. Which he never got to me about. Thats all. I am very fustrated with this whole thing. I was sold things I didnt need, then had nothing but headaches trying to get it going. And now you try and say im a liar. So yes im a lil peaved. I have to spend $20 in gas and tolls to get to Mshurs house each time. I read the directions I did what it told me to do and it didnt work. As for the WLAN card. I even went out yesterday and bought a new router so that there couldnt be any problems. I spent thousands of dollars for all these things just to be called a liar on a public forum Thank you

AQD_ottawa
11/14/2008, 10:51 AM
Nick

Please check all the correspondance last night on this forum between you and I, I really can not see how you are saying we never responded to you yesterday, its all over this forum on 3 threads, we are not going to email you as well with the same answers that is pointless.

the email you copied was sent last night to Mathias and he responded to me by email and you by forum over night so i am not quite sure what more you are expecting in level of support.

Nobody is calling you a liar, our response back to you was in regards to saying nobody has contacted you which is incorrect.

As both Matthias and I have kindly said, the support you require (which you are getting from all angles possible from the start) will be provided to you directly.

There is no point continuing on here as the posts are not technical in nature.

The bottom line is you have 3 very kind people working very hard to sort out the glitches you created in the aborted EX upgrade attempt, and you will be up and running without hassle, we just ask you to be patient.

If you wish to comment further on this please do so by email as this forum is for technical support not for posts like this

We are ALL here to help as always.