PDA

View Full Version : TR seahorse in trouble

BMW535iTwnTrbo
11/13/2008, 10:16 PM
i just got 2 orange reidis and after acclimation they were swimming around and exploring their surroundings. about 30 minutes after going into the tank, i fed them some mysis and they both ate a LOT. later on in the evening i set up the drip line for top off and i went to sleep.
when i woke up, i realized about a gallon of ro/di went into the display and one of the reidis were suffering: sitting on the ground, later stuck on the grille for the overflow.

he seems to have gotten beat up a bit... do you recommend medication? i didn't QT them because i was told they were tank raised and they looked really healthy when i purchased them. but the one that's suffering seems to have some flesh wounds from getting beat up on the overflow and rocks... should i try some furacin? TIY

mrme
11/15/2008, 01:45 AM
I am Glad i'm not the only one Who makes stupid mistakes after 5-10 plus years of experience ! Hahaha. I Forgot to turn on my Chiller, for my reef tank, After a water change. (normally leave it on but i drained the sump this time). Came home from work, Tank went from 77f to 88f. Some where between 10 hours.
But sorry to rant. i needed to get that out.

I am very sorry to hear this happened. You should make sure your tank is stable NOW. Fix the Salinity, Ph, temp, ect.
Then wait a few hours, next morning, and make sure they eat.
If they both eat.. chances are your Good to go.
Best of luck to you.
wish my $2000 worth coral frags luck.

pledosophy
11/16/2008, 01:33 AM
Can you post a pic of the wounds? As close as possible please.

Don't add any antibiotics to the display. Especially not until you know if that is the cause. If you do treat with antibiotics, you will need to do so in a hospital tank, there are other drugs, minimum treatment usually lasts 10 days.

If you have the ability I would move the injured seahorse to a QT/Hospital tank ASAP. Drop the temp to 67-68F ish. Include something to hitch too, and take a pic.

What size tank are they in?