PDA

View Full Version : Question About RODI

NanoReefWanabe
11/16/2008, 01:46 PM
i took my RODI stop check valve out to clean it etc as i thought there was something wrong with it...

well now i dont know which way to put it back in...

anyone help me with which way it should be put back in...

it interrupted the Carbon to RO membrane line and the Ro membrane to the DI line...one of the them is a flow through that controls the stop check on the other....it is labled in and out but i dont know which lines get s teh flow through and which gets the stop valve..

please help..

sorry i have no idea what make the RODI is...

noahm
11/16/2008, 02:00 PM
the flow through will be the in, and the stop will be the out. blow and suck through it to give yourself the understanding of how it works. Maybe I am oversimplifying it and can't actually see your dilemna. If I was looking at it I could tell you.

NanoReefWanabe
11/16/2008, 02:41 PM
the one that is flow through i can blow and suck through obviously easy the one that is stop i cant blow or suck on it...well now that i have loosened the screws a little i can blow one way through it...

the two lines arent labeled in and out...just the sides of the valve..

if i could find my camera i would take a pic of it..but...you all know how that goes..

NanoReefWanabe
11/16/2008, 03:01 PM
this is basically what it looks like...1/4" john guest fittings into a 2" square block, the block comes apart...there is a diaphragm on ecah side of it, a collar that holds each side in when the block is put together and there is a little plastic piston like piece inbetween the diaphragms that floats inside the collar...pressure in the flow through side is what holds the piston down against the diaphragm holding the check valve closed...( or so i imagine that is more or less how it works..) if i screw the block together to tight i cant get 150 pounds to get through...if i keep it loose i can adjust the pressure required to overcome the check valve..

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/crazyoldcougar/RODI.jpg

Buckeye Hydro
11/17/2008, 05:33 AM
Careful - the diagram above is the correct flow patterns for some, but not all ASOV's. Some have a 180 degree/horseshoe flow pattern.

Nano - if you'd like, eamil us with a request and we will email back to you directions.

Russ

Russ