PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Max Circulation Pumps

Zentoolie
11/17/2008, 01:51 AM
Hi,
does anyone know what type of powerhead fits well where the stock circulation pumps are. I want to leave one stock pump in and put a more powerful one (900lph - 1500 lph) next to it for the Hydor FLO that i'm running.

Thanks

Zen

tangers
11/17/2008, 09:00 AM
bump, would like to know this as well

StevieTdrill
11/17/2008, 01:22 PM
I don't think you can get another powerhead in there without removing on of the stock pumps. There just isn't enough room. Some have taken out the stock pumps and placed one MJ 900 or 1200 in there, then you can split the output so you can still direct it.

Your best option is getting an extra powerhead in the tank like the koralia #2 and using the two stock pumps. That will give you a good amount of flow for all types of corals.

Zentoolie
11/17/2008, 06:33 PM
Ok Thanks Stevie. I've got a Tunze 6025 Nano stream in there on the right hand side at the moment. I just wanted to see if I could add a bit more power to the hydor FLO.

Zen

NightFox
11/19/2008, 04:51 PM
I think if you replaced one of the circulation pumps with a much higher rated one you'd start having problems as the water wouldn't be able to flow into the filter area quick enough for to meet the demand of the pumps = air bubbles and pumps running dry