PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility

bebereef
11/19/2008, 10:46 AM
I would like to know if filamentous flasher wrasse is compatible with radiant wrasse?
My second choice would be a yellow coris wrasse??

Finally is there a link where i could find these infos?
Thank's!

Hawk23
11/19/2008, 10:57 AM
I have heard that with wrasses, as long as they are not in the same genus you will be fine but personally I don't like the idea of mixing them in smaller aquariums. But you have a case where both no matter which combination you make, you will have two really peaceful wrasses togather.
So what am I saying? I would say that you can get away with either one of the combinations if you want to.

bebereef
11/19/2008, 11:17 AM
thank's. I'm planning to upgrade that cube soon so it won't be a problem.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13776987#post13776987 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hawk23
I have heard that with wrasses, as long as they are not in the same genus you will be fine but personally I don't like the idea of mixing them in smaller aquariums. But you have a case where both no matter which combination you make, you will have two really peaceful wrasses togather.
So what am I saying? I would say that you can get away with either one of the combinations if you want to.

crvz
11/19/2008, 04:29 PM
first, loose the common name "yellow coris", as that fish is not in the genus Coris, it's a Halichoeres, and a better name is canary or golden wrasse. It's in the same genus as the radiant, and they're both generally tolerant of other wrasses.

http://wetwebmedia.com/halichoeresbestart.htm

bebereef
11/19/2008, 05:09 PM
tank's for the infos, very interesting.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13778983#post13778983 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crvz
first, loose the common name "yellow coris", as that fish is not in the genus Coris, it's a Halichoeres, and a better name is canary or golden wrasse. It's in the same genus as the radiant, and they're both generally tolerant of other wrasses.

http://wetwebmedia.com/halichoeresbestart.htm