PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Model 3 Sumps

Rizup
11/19/2008, 12:53 PM
Does anyone use the Oceanic reef-ready sumps? If so, would you mind sharing pictures of your sump? I am specifically looking for pictures of the Model 3 like I have. Thanks in advance.

Mike

DjScibbity
11/19/2008, 02:52 PM
I use the sump unde rmy 90 which I just setup. Dont have pics yet, but I can describe how I separated the chambers. What are you wanting to do? I have 3 chambers (Skimmer/Retur/Fuge) separated by glass baffles I had made at ACE hardware (1/8 inch glass)

-JP

reefer31
11/21/2008, 12:15 AM
im not sure if it is the reef ready 3 model. It has the 2 overflow pipe holes drilled into the glass piece on the top and drilled for external pump? maybe thats the rr4 sump? Its under my 120 aga

Rizup
11/21/2008, 01:14 PM
Yes. My model 3 has two 1" holes in the top piece and two 1" holes for external pumps. As far as I know the model 3 is the biggest one they make. I believe it is a 50g breeder tank.

Do you guys have any pics? I have been thinking about purchasing another tank with the same dimensions and creating my own sump so that I can incorporate a refugium. I was just hoping someone on here had done this with the Oceanic sump. The system is already in use, so I won't be able to add siliconed baffles unless I take the system out of service while it cures.

I also have a significant flow going through the sump so I have been thinking about an external refugium above the sump. Only problem then will be getting to my brute containers . I think the external refugium might be the way to go though. Thanks again.

Mike

Rizup
11/23/2008, 09:57 AM
Anyone else using these? Pics?