PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Naso - Getting Thin, Eats Great ??

tanglovers
11/20/2008, 06:45 PM
Hi All,

I have a blonde naso tang that I have had for around 10 months now, maybe a year. He is about 6-7" in length. He eats great. I have noticed the last week or so his lateral line has become more apparent. Not like HLLE, just appears thin. He is in my display tank (220). I had a powder blue that was picking on him so I removed this fish, this was before I noticed the naso getting thin.

His diet is extremely varied. Including 3-4 tims daily feedings with Spectrum Pellets and Flake, Formula 1 and 2, spirulina flake and nori (red, brown and green 1/2 sheet of each 1-2x daily). There are other tangs and large angels in the tank and everyone is fine.

I did not treat him with PraziPro when I got him, was not aware of this medication back then.

I should be able to remove the naso without much issue. What should I treat with in QT?

I am thinking this is an intestinal worm issue as he appears in perfect health and an aggressive eater. Tank he is in is a full SPS reef so I am sure intank treatments are not an option.

I recently read a post from J. Hemdal about a male genicanthus angel that wasted away in a 1300 reef from a nematode infection. Could this be a similar issue?

Any thoughts would be great.

Scott

gtstylez87
11/20/2008, 07:09 PM
it is sometype of internal worm. what i would do since he is a good eater is feed him food a anti-parsitic food. even letting food sit in some prazipro for a hour or to should help it out. i know jungle makes sometype of anti-parsitic pellets.

tanglovers
11/20/2008, 09:14 PM
Are these types of foods reef safe? Or should I feed them to him these after I move him to another tank setup with corals and other inverts?

tanglovers
11/24/2008, 12:35 AM
Bump, any more suggestions and thoughts if these antiparasitic foods are reef safe?

mgny
12/03/2008, 02:04 PM
tagging along, have a blonde naso for a few months. Got him to eat everything. last few days getting listless and thin and he is not eating anymore. getting him out of the tank will be hard. Can i add a reef safe med to his food if i can get him eating again? thanks. mike