PDA

View Full Version : Black Spots on Clowns

Lyfey
11/21/2008, 08:03 PM
Just a few randomg tiny black spots on my 2 ocellaris clowns in my 125g reef.. Is it black ich possibly?

Toddrtrex
11/21/2008, 08:48 PM
What type of corals do you have in the tank?

The spots could very well be stings from the clown trying to be hosted by a coral, if that is the case the spots are harmless.

DevilBoy
11/22/2008, 08:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13793412#post13793412 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex
What type of corals do you have in the tank?

The spots could very well be stings from the clown trying to be hosted by a coral, if that is the case the spots are harmless.

+1 on this statement

crvz
11/22/2008, 09:36 AM
If they arent showing any signs of stress, I wouldnt worry about it. My two clowns often have black spots, but never does it affect their diet or behavior.

stanlalee
11/22/2008, 09:51 AM
my false perc has a few black spots as just part of its normal coloration. 100% positive its disease free.

LockeOak
11/22/2008, 01:53 PM
At one point one of mine tried to get too friendly with a frogspawn coral and acquired a few black spots. They faded after a while, no harm done.

Lyfey
11/22/2008, 07:38 PM
hammer.. misc zoo's.. zenia.. but i did recently add a ultra green bubble tip aneneme (sp?).. didnt notice the spots till after the intro of the aneneme.. that they did host in.. but after moving some stuff around and a water change last night.. i havent seen them in them.. the ocellaris also look a little darker in coloration on their back.. there is a little bit of ich in the tank.. but im taking care of it by vitamins and garlic in their foods.. that problem is under control.. both clowns have a few minor black spots and their backs look a little darker.. but everything else in the tank is fine.. using ro water only and all params are good.. but have to be tested again