PDA

View Full Version : Any LFS owners know of wholesellers with awesome corals?

diamondsps
11/22/2008, 12:00 AM
I am new on reefcentral and I don't know if this forum is the right one to post this question. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I own a small LFS and have had problems trying to buy exotic corals with awesome color, but not super expensive or australian.

I have been through a lot of company's and am not satisfied. Any other LFS owners out there know where I can get really nice corals, but not cost a fortune. Shipping is so expensive now days. My store is in Texas. Please let me know.

Flipper62
11/22/2008, 12:22 AM
WOW, I'm not sure your going to get answers here. With the economy at its knees right now. Why would any LFS tell you. That will just take money out of their pocket

I am the owner, founder & President of my company. I scratched , dug & researched everything to get where I'm at now.

Sorry to say but I really dont think any LFS is just going to say.....Hey... Ya.....call this supplier & this one..

Sorry, just being real

diamondsps
11/22/2008, 12:34 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13794305#post13794305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Flipper62
WOW, I'm not sure your going to get answers here. With the economy at its knees right now. Why would any LFS tell you. That will just take money out of their pocket

I am the owner, founder & President of my company. I scratched , dug & researched everything to get where I'm at now.

Sorry to say but I really dont think any LFS is just going to say.....Hey... Ya.....call this supplier & this one..

Sorry, just being real

Isn't there enough grass for us all to eat? How is someones LFS in NY going to affect one in Cali.

I have scratched, researched, dug, and spent thousands of dollars, but came up empty.

anyone want to help me out, PM me. Thanks

just dave
11/22/2008, 12:41 AM
I understand Flipper's point of view but I look at it differently. If I like a place that I'm dealing with I'm more 'n happy to share. IMO I want them to be successful so that they will be around and have the resources to keep getting the stuff I like because they are not going to make a living just off of me. I'll PM you a place that may be just the thing you are looking for. I'd post it but I don't want to violate the TOS or upset anyone because I know some of the wholesalers browse these forums.

nikon187
11/22/2008, 02:01 AM
many stores remove the wholesalers name from the boxes when they get new shipments in to prevent people from doing this very thing

dc
11/23/2008, 02:47 PM
Bump...

consumed reef
11/23/2008, 02:53 PM
aqua marines

http://www.am4fish.com/

jener8tionx
11/23/2008, 04:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13794328#post13794328 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by diamondsps
Isn't there enough grass for us all to eat? How is someones LFS in NY going to affect one in Cali.

I have scratched, researched, dug, and spent thousands of dollars, but came up empty.

anyone want to help me out, PM me. Thanks

Ignore flipper, he's like that to everybody.

Lenny718
11/23/2008, 04:14 PM
I use Underwater World in CA, they have great corals and HUGE clams but are wholesale only. WWW.uwwe.com , hope this helps you :)