PDA

View Full Version : Saltwaterfish.com has crosshatch triggers for $290?

DamnPepShrimp
11/22/2008, 12:24 AM
Just noticed they are having a sale on them. It is mostlikely a female even tho their picture shows a male. But is this cheap? Good buy? I know males go for more, around $500ish? Wish I had the money and tank for one, my reef is too small and FO too aggressive. Maybe if this is a good deal, it will be useful and someone will buy one. I was just curious.

flameangel88
11/22/2008, 05:29 AM
I checked and it's a female. One other note is they usually understate the sizes of their fish!

LisaD
11/22/2008, 05:32 AM
anyone care to comment on their experience with this vendor? besides price - I'm thinking about health of fish, how well packed the box is... I've never used them, would like to know the experience of anyone who has ordered.

flameangel88
11/22/2008, 05:50 AM
When I got started back in 2006 I placed couple of small orders and didn't have any problems and received credit on fish/invert that was DOA and every communication was done on emails.

As for the quality of packing it depends on the price of the fish. They don't skim on weight when they ship fish such as Goldflake, Blueline, Bandit or Crosshatch and the others were just okay. The shipping weight for above range from 25-37lbs each--the more expensive the fish the more water they put in but not by size of the fish. They did held back on a shipment recently on a fish that was sick and gave it antibiotics for 2 1/2 weeks before shipping it out.

I think there has been improvement since change of management but still has a way to go.

triggerfreak
11/22/2008, 07:25 AM
Atlantis aquarium.net has a female crosshatch trigger for only $200.00.

DamnPepShrimp
11/22/2008, 10:26 AM
I've always heard mixed reviews about saltwaterfish.com I just didn't know if that was a good deal or not.

$200 is something I could afford in the future when I get a tank for one! That is a great deal! I wonder if the female is small enough, would it turn into a male? Since they all are born females right? Atleast female coloring? It's probably not likely though.

flameangel88
11/24/2008, 08:21 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13794940#post13794940 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by triggerfreak
Atlantis aquarium.net has a female crosshatch trigger for only $200.00.

They appear to be an RC sponsor but this is only my first time coming across them. Anyone care to share their experience with this vendor in terms of health of the fish received and their communications? I don't see much on their forum especially very limited replies.

LargeAngels
11/24/2008, 10:05 AM
I think if you are looking for crosshatch triggers the best place are the divers themselves in Hawaii. Like Les at WetPetsHawaii.com or Zemuron114 here. Can't beat the quality.

My first encounter with Saltwaterfish wasn't the greatest (this was years ago) and didn't plan on buying anything else from them. Then back in the summer I got their e-mail and they had blueline angels very cheap. Couldn't resist as I couldn't find them anywhere. Got the fish and it was huge at 8". Thought it was a gonner as it was so big and they don't eat well, or at all at this size. Luckily it looked like it was just plucked out of the ocean, really really fat. 7 weeks later it finally started eating and now eats like a champ and doing extremely well. It was shipped extremely well with lots of water. Box weighed 35 lbs with just that fish in it. They have gotten a lot of bad feedback. But if I recall they got new owners and things seem to be better.

DamnPepShrimp
11/24/2008, 10:40 AM
I am currently not in the market for these fish, I don't have the tank or money for them at the moment. I was just curious and if someone else was looking for one, maybe this could help. One day I will own a pair of them. Good to hear some good things about saltwaterfish.com since I've heard lots of bad things in the past. When I am ready though. I will definitely look into the actually divers of Hawaii, thanks.

rssjsb
11/24/2008, 10:41 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13806955#post13806955 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flameangel88
They appear to be an RC sponsor but this is only my first time coming across them. Anyone care to share their experience with this vendor in terms of health of the fish received and their communications? I don't see much on their forum especially very limited replies. It's funny you asked this about Atlantis now.

I live in the Bay area and visit the store frequently (once a month at least) and was just thinking yesterday about how well the fish I have bought there have done. I mostly think of them as a place for high-end corals, but I've gotten some great fish from them as well. They've also been very honest with me when they've gotten a fish in that hasn't eaten yet.

I've never dealt with them through email or ordered from them online, but I can't imagine that my experiences have been solely because of in-person interactions. I would encourage you to give them a call before you order something, since they are a retail outlet and sell things before they can update their website.

MrTuskfish
11/24/2008, 02:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13794786#post13794786 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LisaD
anyone care to comment on their experience with this vendor? besides price - I'm thinking about health of fish, how well packed the box is... I've never used them, would like to know the experience of anyone who has ordered.
IME & IMO; SWF.C is an excellent source for common, everyday fish; which seems to be their main market. I've bought several times from them and received excellent fish, great service & they back up their guarantee. (I had a trigger DOA.) They are really geared toward price and communication can be difficult; although they've recently started phone communication, rather than just e-mail. I have never ordered any "special" fish from them; as I really like LA and Blue Zoo. SWF.C, again IMO, just isn't geared toward the more exotic and rare fish; but I've read things by their owners and they seem to be very knowledgeable & conscientious---so this may be changing I know they are really fighting to keep cyanide caught fish out of their inventory.

Hongt713
11/24/2008, 06:05 PM
as did i, iv purchased from SWF.com and fish arrived healty and on time. Only thing were they were just a bit smaller then expected

markeo99
11/24/2008, 07:11 PM
swf.com has great fish and an easy doa policy just need to send them a clear good pic within like 15 days