PDA

View Full Version : Long Cycle Wave Maker

sevise
11/22/2008, 10:47 PM
Are there any wavemakers on the market that can do 1 hour cycles?

I am looking to mixup the flow on my 30gal breeder. I currently have 1 MJ1200 with the sure flow 'upgrade' on the back wall, it more or less creates a whirlpool in the whole tank, enough so that anything floating in the water column makes a complete trip around the tank in <20 seconds. Detrius all ends up in a nice pile, easy to suck out but not being caught up in the skimmer. The corals also only get flow from 1 direction.

I have another MJ1200 to face in the other direction and would like cycle between the 2 over a longer period say like 1 hour. Enough to disrupt the detrius and provide the corals with different flow. While not causing a perpetual sandstorm caused by a shorter duration.

Bryan
11/23/2008, 05:19 AM
I will be posting a 4 channel DIY wavemaker in about a month or so based on a PIC microcontroller. Just finishing it off right now. Will have sequential/ random modes and a dwell cycle between switching channels from 1-60 seconds. Also in the design is a light sensor for night mode for different wave cycles.

Will support delays from 1 sec to 60 min, anyone with some basic electronics experience should be able to build it.

ordy1
11/23/2008, 09:22 AM
Hayward three way valve attached to a AquaController Jr. You can set intervals from 1 minute to infinite hours. I have mine set to modulate each side of the tank every 50 seconds.