PDA

View Full Version : adding fish

ugluk
11/26/2008, 12:45 PM
I have a 72 gallon bowfront that has been running for about 1 1/2 years. I currently have:

2 clowns
1 blue-green chromis
1 yellow tang
1 royal gramma
1 flame angel
1 neon goby

Tank has been running fine with no problems with water quality so I figured I could get away with adding a couple of smaller fish. The first one I am adding is a diamond goby to clean the sand. The second one I have not decided yet. I am leaning towards a F lyretail anthia or maybe a sixline wrasse though I hear they can be nasty and I prefer how the anthia looks.

My question is would this overstock my tank? I would think that since there has been no issues with water quality and the tank has had time to mature that it should not be an issue but just wanted to make sure. Also I wanted to check that the anthia would get along well with the other fish. If anyone has other suggestions on fish (community) it would be appreciated.

patsfan1130
11/26/2008, 01:36 PM
your already fully stocked IMO

ugluk
11/26/2008, 08:09 PM
oh poo :-)

CoRPS
11/26/2008, 09:38 PM
The problem with anthias is that you have to feed them multiple times per day. I personally think you may be able to get away with a small fish, just not an anthias.

I just got a Midas Blenny, may be good for ya :)

LCDRDATA
11/26/2008, 10:19 PM
You may also want to check the Reef Fishes Forum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=88)