PDA

View Full Version : Coeruleus closes under new MH lighting, anything i can do?

cobra1713
11/26/2008, 07:51 PM
okay well i have read that Coeruleus (metallic blue mushroom) are very sensitive to high lighting but i read that after i installed my new MH =( so every time i turn my MH on (i am still running my PC a little bit while acclimating to the MH) the Coeruleus completely closes and almost shrivels up. will the coral ever get used to the lighting or would i have to move it into the shade?

second if i have to move it into the shade is it okay for them to be on the sand with a small rock under them? sorry if that's a stupid question.

aquaboy620
12/03/2008, 07:27 PM
i have like a hundred of these blue shrooms as well as red, purple, blue green purple stripes, as well as rics, and plenty more, and I am running 4 x 39 watt t5 actinics and 2 x 250 watt MH 20k bulbs over my 240g and all my shrooms grow like crazy so it might just be something else. mind u that i don't test my water ever and i put crystal gieser water as top off water. change my water every two weeks about 30 to 40 gallons of purified ocean water. so lighting might not be the problem.

reeflover812
12/08/2008, 09:57 PM
i have them right up to the surface under mh 250 de 14k bulbs thats 9 inches from the surface. At first they shriveled up but after about 3 weeks they all plumped up big. Its up to you really but thats my two cents.