PDA

View Full Version : Happy Turkey Day

nighttimenick
11/27/2008, 09:30 AM
Just wanted to say Happy Turkey Day to all. Hope all has a Blessed Day! What food are you having that isn't traditional? We are having hot wings :eek1: I love em! Eat nap and eat somemore!!!!!!

sandalscout
11/27/2008, 09:54 AM
Same to all of you! I'm sitting in a cabin outside of Gatlinburg currently, hoping to meet up with some ExpeditionPortal.com members tomorrow and do some trail riding.

We are doing my wifes FAMOUS potato bread/pigs in a blanket. We are not doing the traditional bird or ham, my wife is making a Greek Christmas Stew, it is sooooo good. We always do something non-traditional mixed with the traditional stuff. We had a bunch of Egyptian food a few years ago!

ai-reefer
11/27/2008, 10:21 AM
deep frying a turkey, some cornish game hens and a duck, all seasoned with greek and indian spices

mashed potato, stuffing and spanish rice cooked with the fried duck

i think thats it

oh and apple pie ...mmmmmmmmmm apple :D

gsusfreak
11/27/2008, 10:34 AM
call us boring ....but its a tradition in my family to only cook american dishes.....just because we never do throughout the rest of the year.....so yea, its a pretty big day for us too.....and for those that dont know me, we're laotian

crumbletop
11/27/2008, 11:50 AM
All traditional here too -- except I de-bone the turkey and cook it butterflied over the stuffing. Mmmmm and easy to slice :) With that goes mashed potatoes, green beans, and my grandmother's melt in your mouth rolls. Pumpkin pie for desert :D

Happy Thanksgiving to you all as well!

poolkeeper1
11/27/2008, 02:30 PM
This is our roughly 40th Thanksgiving, My wife an excellent cook! The XXXX Turkey was looking great and then the whole thing just fell apart, Legs opened up and stuffing all over what a mess. A 20 Lb Turkey that melted to about maybe 13 Lbs. Feel like taking it back to Kroger and Throwing it somewhere! Guess we will never buy another frozen Turkey, For they inject to much water to increase selling weight and ruin the bird. And that's all I have to say about that. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

commonstranger
11/28/2008, 07:18 AM
You know the food was nice but I enjoyed seeing the family more than anything. We will always have food but not our families. Hope everyone had a great holiday and that God blesses all of you. I have honestly got to the point now days I'm just proud to have something to eat. I do know where your coming from though Bill remind me to tell you the story about the caramel pie someday. Laugh !!