PDA

View Full Version : Scuba/snorkle in Bali, Indonesia?

fishcraze2002
11/27/2008, 09:46 PM
I'll fly to Vietnam and then Bali next week.. wonder if any good scuba/snorkle sites that anyone here could recommend? I'm interested in SPS - hope to see some colorful sticks there:)

breebauer
12/17/2008, 01:29 PM
There are some decent dive sites in Nha Trang Vietnam, but also a lot of damage due to dynamite fishing (which has supposedly stopped). I'm not too sure about Bali, I think it's monsoon season there now.

klepto
12/21/2008, 11:49 PM
when you get to Bali- check out Tulamben.
It is a really comfortable dive on a wreck that has been there for years. The wreck is covered w/ a bunch of beautiful colonies and there are plenty of fish all over the reef. I saw jacks, cuddlefish, nudis, lots of clowns and anemones, parrotfish, triggers etc... that was before I really was into reefs so Im sure there was a great deal I missed. There are plenty of sps and other corals that I honestly just glided by because I didnt view them like I do now- I do remember some amazing gorgonians though.

good luck!

ps. i was there last Christmas and vis was far from great... probably 20-30 ft because we arrived shortly after their first big rain. It was definitely worth it all around.. pm me if you are interested in a connecting with a good guide in Bali

jake