PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever have a clam recover after foot damage?

cbusreefer
11/29/2008, 01:41 PM
I was doing some rearranging and think i ripped a tiny part of my clam's foot. Normally, i could just give him a good nudge and he'd let go, but this time he held on tight. He's now in his new location and about halfway open. I'm hoping he'll recover, but he's definitely aggitated.
I don't think his foot was completely damaged, but am obviously concerned. Anyone with this type of experience?

cbusreefer
11/29/2008, 01:48 PM
Here's a pic...

http://i35.*******.com/2njbygw.jpg

pledosophy
11/30/2008, 01:03 AM
Hard to tell the foot damage from the pic. I have knocked a clam off and had it recover IME. There was a little foot left on the rock too. I felt horrible, but it came around in a few weeks.

froggy4112
11/30/2008, 01:24 AM
i had something similar happen to a crocea. it was the beginning of the end. a week after it got foot injured (moving it) it tipped over one day while i was at work. next time i looked in the tank a crab was inside the clam eating away at clam guts. it was a bad day.

jc16
11/30/2008, 02:24 AM
my first clam i ripped it right out of my rock no knowing anything and his foot was hanging by a little bit of tissue but he made afull recovery didn't show too much signs of stress either so really dpends what condition your clam is in i think. but i've also read the feeding it with phytoplankton helps and thats what i did and try to keep anything form bothering it

cbusreefer
12/01/2008, 08:17 AM
thanks all. he seems to be doing perfectly fine now. Like pledosophy, mine too had a little bit of flesh still attached to the glass (i have a BB). That's primarily why i was so concerned. Looks like he's going to make a full recovery though.