PDA

View Full Version : Dogface + marine betta?

rssjsb
11/30/2008, 11:37 AM
I'm moving my eels into their new home today - yay! - and am now thinking about possible tankmate(s).

The eels are a snowflake and a golden miliaris. Each is about a foot long. I'm definitely planning to add a dogface in the future.

What I'm wondering is how a marine betta would do in this situation? The tank is a standard 4x2x2 120 gallon.

That would be the end of my stocking. If there's some reason that this won't work, I'm perfectly happy with just the eels and puffer. That's been my plan for some time. I'm just intrigued by the betta, and an LFS near me has had one for a long time (like six months).

rachenbrazil
12/01/2008, 10:31 AM
Marine bettas are reclusive...so live too close of moray eels mouth... Size is also close to perfect to fit your moray's mouth eventually...
Although marine bettas can stand for their own ... eventually if tank decoration have few cranies only ... will end up in moray's mouth... specially on golden miliaris ..a true fish predator...

rssjsb
12/01/2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks - I'm probably not going to go forward with this. Just an idea I had and thought I'd check it out with folks.

Having said that, I thought that the miliaris was not such a big fish eater. (I mean outside the fact that all eels are opportunistic feeders.)