PDA

View Full Version : Help ID'ing flatworm?

EMV7904
11/30/2008, 07:41 PM
I just saw the biggest flatworm I've ever seen about 10 mins ago in my refugium. The refugium light is on a timer and it comes on at 8pm and goes off at 8am. I just happened to be by the tank when the light came on in the fuge and I bent down to check on the xenia that I'm fragging down there.

I saw a flatworm on the glass that was much bigger than the red ones that I have known I have, and was clear in color. I did a google search and it looks nothing like an AEFW which was my first thought and worst nightmare. I have no issues with any of my sps and will list them below:

Many Acropora Millepora
Superman encrusting Monti
Porites
Pocillapora
Birdsnest
Tabling acro
Bottlebrush acro
misc acros that I don't know the names

Would AEFW be munching on any of these? As I said though, it looked LIKE a red one (shape wise) but was bigger and see through. It shimmied down the tank front and out of site as the light came on as to not be captured on film. Any ideas would be great and I'll keep searching for a pic of the culprit.

P.S. I have a 6 line in the DT to try and keep the red ones at bay...they don't bother anything but I definitely don't want them...but am afraid to use FW exit that I bought awhile back. Too risky...

EMV7904
11/30/2008, 07:49 PM
Was it a nudi possibly?