PDA

View Full Version : Is glue strong enough for a large leather?

Stray32
12/01/2008, 03:17 PM
I bought a medium/large Devils Hand lobophytum and I need to attach him to my rock some how. Will glue work for this or will I have to use another method?

Thanks

mrferrit
12/01/2008, 04:21 PM
when i had my devils i fragged him and tied the pieces down with fishing line after a week or 2 all of them were fully attached.

im not sure glue is good for them but im no expert on gluing

you could also use wedding dress material mesh stuff heard that works well too

good luck with em

Mako Shark II
12/05/2008, 11:13 PM
Sandwich his foot between 2-3 frag-able rocks. He'll "Foot" (attach) himself to one of them, then epoxy that rock to a larger substrate.

I ended up using the netting method. You can use wedding dress toule, or really, grab the bag that your Onions come in from your local grocery store. Wash and rubber band the netting over your frag to a rock.

Either that, or sew him or tie him via a thread and needle as mrferrit mentioned. (Its just that have bad experience using that method, and ended up rope "cutting" the base over time and further fragged my frag! (Today, the one frag is four and they're huge.)

Good luck.

Mako Shark II
12/06/2008, 09:19 AM
And yes, "Glue" is not typically very successfull with softies, unless you're gluing the frag plug to another rock.

syrinx
12/06/2008, 10:57 PM
I like to stick a plastic toothpick through the bottom and then use it as an anchor point for rubber bands. You coan also stick the pick in a hole in the rock and glue it with super glue.

crazykrammm
12/11/2008, 04:04 PM
rubber band or fishing line. thats what works best.

yiliyang
12/12/2008, 08:22 AM
Glue does not work on softies, the frag will wiggle off the glue and you powerhead will chew it up. Fishing line will work, I use all coton threads.