1 sand sifting goby
1 flame angel
1 torch coral
1 brain coral
1 finger leather
1 plate coral
5 branches of xenia
lots of zoas

I feed frozen marine cuzine which I buy at the lfs 1 cube a day, but they seem as if they are still hungry is this normal or am i not feeding enough

IslandCrow
12/03/2008, 11:05 PM
You'll get varying opinions on this. Because of the tang, I'd feed at least once a day if at all possible. Personally, I'm a big proponent of feeding small amounts once or twice daily rather than a large amount every couple of days.

Most fish will almost always act as if they're starving. If they aren't, you're probably feeding them excessively. I know my maroon acts like I haven't fed her in weeks, and I'm pretty generous in my feedings. I think the general rule of thumb is no more than the fish can eat in 5 minutes. Since I feed less food more often, I never have more food in the tank than my fish can eat in about 30 seconds. You have twice as many fish as I do, and you're feeding easily more than twice as much, so you're probably on the right track.

Dave & Monica
12/04/2008, 11:52 AM
I agree with Mike, I have two tangs so I feed too feed twice a day, the seaweed sheets at lunch since I come home, and then the flake, and seafood mix in the evening.