PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fuge Lighting,

Vapour1ze
12/04/2008, 12:49 AM
I have a 10 dollar clip on light from walmart with like a 60 watt plant light or w/e is this enough to clip on to my fuge and keep chaeto alive. ???

Also how much flow is needed through a fuge, because right now mine is minimal but its only a 2" sand bed in there right now, just got established today. And I hope to have it running completely by the weekend.

Thanks guys.

Playa-1
12/04/2008, 01:17 AM
I started mine with very low flow and increased it a bit. I eventually dropped an Inverted Maxijet1200 in it to spin My Chaeto and It's doing pretty good now. I'm still not getting the growth out of My Chaeto that I would like to see but it's better. Pods are swarming in there, Coralline Aglae is growing like crazy in the fuge along with a little Cyano :lol:

I currently have about 250gph thru the fuge with another 295gph of circulation from the powerhead.

I would suspect your light will work just fine for the fuge.

I recently pruned the Chaeto and pulled out a boat load and tossed it in the trash. So somethings going right in there :)

Vapour1ze
12/04/2008, 04:18 AM
Nice thanks for the info :D I like the powerhead idea I'll probably do that so my water is actually circulating =/ And yea hopefully my light will work out,,, this is a stupid question, but.........

How exactly do you get the pods? do you buy them from LFS, I've seen Chaeto at my LFS blah blah, but is they're usually already pods on it or what, whats the benefit of pods?

crvz
12/04/2008, 07:44 AM
That light should be fine, and pods will just show up. You've got them in the tank right now, they'll come out and the population will grow in time. Mostly they're good scavengers, but they also add to the diet of many fish we keep.

Playa-1
12/04/2008, 12:41 PM
ya, If You've got Liverock in the tank then your pod population is already seeded.

Vapour1ze
12/04/2008, 02:55 PM
K SWEET, I JUST HAVENT SEEN ANY YET.

sorry for caps.