PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane

x1crt
12/04/2008, 12:20 PM
I've had mine for about 1 year, they have 11 heads.
I started to feed them 2 twice a week about 2 months ago.
But they still don't look like there as good looking then other peoples candy cane.
There just not like full, and not touching eachother.
I feed them brine shrimp and cyclops. Sometimes I'll feed them Mysis Shrimp.
Is it a good idea to mix brine shrimp with Live Phytoplankton, then feed it to them at night?
What other food do you use?
I just need some help with these guys there my favorite:)

EllieSuz
12/04/2008, 12:42 PM
Try upping the feeding regimen to every day or every other day. I fed mine nightly for about two weeks and now I've cut back to every other night and it's looking so plump and healthy. I think mysis is the best thing you can give them, although I feed Prime Reef too. Be sure to try to give each polyp a little food.

skippy2
12/04/2008, 01:14 PM
I feed my candycanes coral frenzy twice a week. I of the candycanes has heads that are really huge but have never split. The other candycanes I have grow new heads like crazy.

kpendarvis
12/04/2008, 04:38 PM
I have always fed mine mysis at night. Actually all of my corals get mysis and nothing more.
There are a few different candycanes, some are puffy and touch each other and some are spaced so they never tough like those electric green ones. They always seem "skinny". I have the puffy brown one with the bright blue center and the polyps touch each other. It has been a relatively slow grower for me.

skippy2
12/04/2008, 06:38 PM
Here's a pic of mine to show you what I mean

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/skippy2/newscolly11-07-08.jpg

The blue 1 in the back has never made new heads. The 1s that are there just get really plump.