PDA

View Full Version : Rookie SPS Question

Shark Keeper
12/07/2008, 07:23 AM
New to SPS so I need to know where is the best place to order the exotic ones from.

I see a TON of sites but a lot of the photos look photo enhanced (not saying they are since I am new to the SPS world). I have finally caought the bug and upgraded from a 120 to a 180 with 3 250w 10k bulbs so I have plenty of coverage.

I just want to know where/ who sells the best!

Post up please!

Thanks alot!

SunnyX
12/07/2008, 08:08 AM
Do you currently have SPS in your tank? If not, I would suggest getting some cheaper and hardier one from a Local fish store to get going.

Find some Digitata's, green slimer, and monti's.

I usually get ALL my corals locally because the weather is always funny in Michigan and I cant wait at home all day for them to be delivered.

Here are some good sites:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/
http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/

Genetics
12/07/2008, 08:51 AM
To be honest most sites, if not all, seem to enhance their images. I find most reputable ones are pretty accurate with the coloration. If you don't mind plopping down cash check out the sponsor forums for some great stuff.

crvz
12/07/2008, 10:04 AM
Honestly, I've had the best luck buying from other hobbyists. Check out the selling forums here, you can get some killer corals. While they may not always be cheaper, I've been much more content going that route (as well as with local sellers).

Shark Keeper
12/07/2008, 11:24 AM
Yes I have a few small pieces already but I want to keep going and growing. I also want the unusual stuff that I keep seeing.

Genetics ~ your local and I'm just waiting for you to have some frags FS. (hint, hint)

Thanks for the sites I will check them out and I will look at the sellers forums on here.

ngn8dogg
12/07/2008, 12:55 PM
ORA always has nice stuff. Get your LFS to order there stuff that way you can check it out before you buy it. Live aquaria is a good site that was listed above. I have never personally bought from them but know people who have