PDA

View Full Version : Helios 20K 250W DE users - read this offer

DarG
12/07/2008, 08:04 AM
I hope the mods let this stay ...

I have an offer for someone who uses 250 watt double ended Helios 20K halides. Well, actually it is for anyone, Helios users or those who want to try the Helios 20K DE 250W

I sold my 3 week old Helios bulbs on the selling forum a few weeks back for 60 dollars for the pair. The buyer questioned my integrity and honesty as a seller and person by essentially accusing me of selling fake Helios bulbs. Helios users will know that there is faint print on the bulbs that states something to the effect of "China" "250 Watt" "20000K". Well, since I clean my bulbs with alcohol to remove fingerprints and oils after installing them and before firing them, the writing on the bulbs was removed by the alcohol. So the buyer, instead of PM'ing me or emailing me to ask me about this, contacted Helios retailers and asked about the writing and then accused me of selling fake bulbs. This buyer also claimed that there was a crack in the glass. With no argument or hassle, I had the buyer send the lamps back and I refunded the buyers paypal account.

Upon receiving the bulbs back, I found no crack in the bulbs with the exception of a small chip in the glass at the very end of one of the bulbs ... in the corner where the clear glass is pinched . Obviously this has NO effect on the bulbs function.
Other than that, there are some manufacturing imperfections in the glass which is typical but the bulbs are exactly as they were advertised. They were used for 3 weeks, have clean arc tubes and lots and lots of life left in them.

Thanks for sticking with me so far, Im getting to the point here, trust me ... :)

I decided that since I ate shipping once dealing with one uninformed and disrespecting buyer, I would just keep the bulbs. But with the Holidays around the corner, I decided that I would try to make something good out of the entire experience.

So, if anyone is interested in a "free" pair of 3 week used Helios 20K 250 watt double ended / HQI Helios bulbs (sans the print on the bulbs) ... I will send them to somebody willing to make a minimum $20 donation to the American Cancer society. You can make a donation to general research or any one of the more specific cancer types of research.

Heres my terms ... the interested person (must have a credit or debit card) goes to the American Cancer Society website at www.cancer.org and clicks on the donate link which is in one of the boxes near the top-center of the home page. Make an online donation of $20 or more with a credit card or debit card and then emails me either a scanned copy of the printable transaction receipt that pops up online or forwards me, by email, the email receipt that the American Cancer Society will send you right after you make the donation. I'll then send you the pair of Helios bulbs ... I pay the shipping to you.

So if interested, PM me. First PM gets them (assuming they follow through with the donation and send me the receipt).

I feel good, you feel good and we both help do our tiny part in helping with cancer research plus you get a pair of halide bulbs that would cost you much more than making the donation to a good cause.

Again, hopefully the mods will let this stay ... atleast long enough to get this done.

DarG
12/07/2008, 02:29 PM
Nobody is willing to make a $20 donation to the American Cancer Society in return for a pair of Double Ended/ HQI Helios 20K 250W with less than 150 hours of use?

There is no "catch" here folks.

kfra
12/07/2008, 08:41 PM
I will donate for the bulbs
thanks

Macimage
12/08/2008, 07:23 PM
I would like to be 2nd in line if kfra doesn't work out.

Thanks!
Joyce

Mr..Tang
12/08/2008, 07:27 PM
I'll take them!!! in fact I'll donate 40 bucks to the American Cancer Society

PM me!

DarG
12/09/2008, 07:18 AM
Thank you everyone for the interest ...

rip0927 PM'd me first and made the donation so he gets the bulbs. Thanks so much, Rich!

Please donate anyway, if you can afford to give something, anything ... to the American Cancer Society or any charity of your choosing. We have so many problems and this is the season to do our tiny part to try and help.