PDA

View Full Version : aqua surf vs. tunze controller

jhutton
12/07/2008, 03:27 PM
i just added a couple of tunzes to my 90 gallon a 6100 and a 6201
i have an aqua controller 3 and really enjoy it alot

now i have a chance to by a used tunze controller but i am wondering what are the pros and cons to the tunze controller ans the aqua surf.

what i would like to get out of it, is being able to slow down flow at night, create random patterns or possibly a wave function by anti syncing the pumps

thanks

kenargo
12/07/2008, 08:23 PM
Get the AquaSurf; it is significantly more programmable than the Tunze and can be controlled by the AC so your level of control is only limited by your imagination and the number of pump profiles (based on the controller you have). Guarantee you will love it!

jhutton
12/09/2008, 08:25 AM
can this control the speed/flow of the pumps individualy?

thanks

wolf pup
12/09/2008, 08:33 AM
Yes - Each pump will occupy a timer slot and be independently controlled - the options are almost limitless. I have 2 6055's and a 6105 on my aquasurf and there is nothing that I would like them to do that they cant. I'm running about a 1-2" wave in my 125 and run the pumps at lower intensity when my lights shut off. Currently I have the pumps go off when I engage "feed" mode but I have also looked at program code that would just leave one on at 30% power so the food moves around a little bit but is not blowing everywhere.