PDA

View Full Version : Should I.....?

golfNreefnut
12/07/2008, 07:48 PM
OK, so here's my situation. I have like a grand, maybe 2 to play around with.

I already have a 20H setup (25 lbs of live rock, a few corals, a Clown and Sixline, Fluval 205, Satellite lighting...), so...SHOULD I:

Upgrade my lighting & filter, etc. OR

Should I go bigger? I was thinking about getting at least a 90 surfline but IDK...

So, upgrade or go bigger? Thanks guys/gals!

Curve
12/07/2008, 07:52 PM
If you can afford to go bigger and do it right I say go for it. If you can't do it right I would just upgrade what you have.

golfNreefnut
12/07/2008, 07:59 PM
I can do bigger, BUT, the only reason why I would is to give Jack (my clown) and Arnie (my Sixline) more breathing room. And perhaps get a few more corals. I like my smaller tank because of the easy maintenance, etc.. If I do get the 90 surfline/piano, what would be the best way to filter/skim it? I just got into the saltwater hobby roughly a year ago and am trying to learn as much as possible and make sure that I do everything the right way. So, sorry for all the "newbie" questions, etc.!

Curve
12/07/2008, 08:00 PM
A sump is definitely the way to go for the filtration and you can run an in sump skimmer and also put your heater in there to clean up the look of the tank.

golfNreefnut
12/07/2008, 08:05 PM
OK, well, thanks for your help. I seen a 90 surfline package at Jacks for about $1000 (includes: sump, live aragonite, heater, stand, canopy, etc.) and it caught my eye.

Curve
12/07/2008, 10:36 PM
Sound like a good start but exspect to spend even more in the long run. I always go for it. You will end up like me one day. I now have 2 225's , a 150, and a 135 in my house.