PDA

View Full Version : Fuge in back of Biocube 29?

jwilliams229
12/13/2008, 02:47 PM
I have been running into several comments about people having a fuge and light in the back of the tank. I can't quite pinpoint how to do this and what the benefits are - it seems like the compartments in the back are too small... It sounds interesting, can someone enlighten me and tell me how? Pics? If people are having success, I'll give it a shot.

I have had my BC29 running for several months. I have about 30lbs of rock, fish, corals, and cleaners....

ludnix
12/13/2008, 03:01 PM
I think you have to scrape the paint off one the compartments to install a light from behind to get the most benefit.

A refuge of any size will always be beneficial as long it's properly maintained.

BradsOcean
12/13/2008, 04:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13935842#post13935842 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ludnix
I think you have to scrape the paint off one the compartments to install a light from behind to get the most benefit.

A refuge of any size will always be beneficial as long it's properly maintained.

thats what i did...
look at the sticky called "Nano reefs DIY thread..."
i shows how to do it in there

OARrocks
12/13/2008, 08:24 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/OARrocks/DSCN0952.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/OARrocks/DSCN0951.jpg

Very simple just scrape off the black backing in the shape of the light you will attach, attach the light to the back in whatever way works for you and then throw some chaeto back there. Oh and ditch the tray and whatever else comes with the middle chamber.

jwilliams229
12/14/2008, 05:14 PM
That doens't seem that complicated. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Fishhead Junkie
12/14/2008, 07:24 PM
LOL...is that duct tape I see?? That's classic, looks like its working though. I went with a cleaner look and used velcro, a black plastic disposable paint tray from HD, 2 round under cabinet flourescent lights, some zip straps and that was it. Worked like a charm, lots of pods back there in the chaeto. Just make sure you pull out the false bottom in the middle chamber for more room.

Steve

OARrocks
12/14/2008, 07:59 PM
Actually its tin foil HA HA. Not neccesarily less white trashy but in my mind was like a reflector for the light.