PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance with 2 questions

CA2OR
12/14/2008, 12:28 AM
I have had my tank up and running for 2.5 years. However about 3 months ago I moved from So Cal to Oregon. I moved my entire tank and inventory without a hitch or loss what so ever....lucky I know.

1st Question: How long do True Perc's take to mature? I have been waiting and dreaming of the day I will see eggs for almost 3 years now and there is no sign of it happening. Here they are

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/207254Close_up.jpg
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/207254Night_shot.jpg

2nd Question: My watermelon zoa's seem to be dying, everything else is doing great. All zoa's included in the doing great part. Is there something about these particular ones that need additional help?

CA2OR
12/14/2008, 12:33 AM
I am only posting images to assist in aging my clowns....not to show off, not that they are anything special.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/207254Pose.jpg

nmbeg
12/14/2008, 08:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13938841#post13938841 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CA2OR
I am only posting images to assist in aging my clowns....not to show off, not that they are anything special.
They are actually beautiful fish and you take good pictures. You're allowed to show off a little.

crvz
12/14/2008, 08:53 AM
1: Some fish will pair but not ever breed. I'm not sure why this is, but maybe someone else can chime in. I presume it's something to do with their comfort and/or environment.

2: Zoas could do poorly for any number of reasons. Could you share a picture of the troubled zoas?

NirvanaFan
12/14/2008, 09:28 AM
Is there anything in the tank harassing the clowns? If they're not totally comfortable they may not spawn. What other fish and inverts do you have in the tank? I moved last February and my clowns started spawning in August, so they do take a while to get settled in after a move.

My false percs started spawning about a year and a half I got them.

What are you feeding your clowns? Nutrition plays a big role in spawning as well.

CA2OR
12/16/2008, 06:48 PM
CRVZ- I will post images of before and now with the Zoa's tonight when I get home. Thank you for your input.

NirvanaFan- I don't believe there is anything else harrasing the clowns. I have 2 chromie's with them about the same size. My inhabitants are as follows:
1 serpant starfish
1 emerald green starfish
1 Cleaner shrimp
8 or so hermit crabs
3 snails (I don't know what kind)
and the rest are corals
1 GBTA
1 Duncan with 7 heads and growing
1 Hammer coral with 2 new heads
2 different Xenia's
and a bunch of Zoa's in both LE and common varieties.
1 Seasons Greetings Monti which was a freebie. Unknown to the person who gave me the frag
Mushrooms
and that's it

CA2OR
12/16/2008, 06:49 PM
As for changes and dietary: I recently changed over from SCRIPTS natural sea water to Tropic Marin, Temp has been consistant but a little high, and I will post flake and pellet food makers tonight. I also feed them Mysis and or Brine Shrimp once a week

CA2OR
12/16/2008, 06:50 PM
NMBEG- Thanks for the compliment, I will tell them as soon as I get home.