PDA

View Full Version : setting up 75g soon

10gallon
12/14/2008, 06:56 PM
hey guys...i'm ready to setup my 75g that was free from a friend. For now I will stay with FOwLR and my sump will most likely be 29g I have laying around. I have couple question regarding equipment I'm goind to use. So, please help me and tell me what are my options.

1. what would be a good skimmer for 75g? my budget is around $200-250. I've read about octo extreme but not sure which model.

2. Lighting. on local craigslist there's somebody listing tek light 8x54 for $150 but only 4 bulbs fire up (he said there's problem with ballast, not sure about this) or I need to buy new light? what is my choice?

3. Tank is no drilled and i'm not a handy man. which one is better, having somebody drill the tank or just buy an overflow box? Which return pump I must get?
Thx.....

mg426
12/14/2008, 07:09 PM
An MSX 200 would do the job with room to spare. If you can I would get the tank drilled. If you go with a HOB overflow look here www.lifereef.com. The light you are looking at would do the trick but the bad ballast would have me spooked a bit.