PDA

View Full Version : reverse bleaching

genpetahhhh
12/15/2008, 11:53 PM
I had a thermometer mess up on me and was reporting things as 12 degrees colder then the water actually was. Because of this, my water temp got up to around 90 for a couple of weeks (if not longer) before I noticed it. I lost a couple of corals, and have some that are weak now but still holding on. Is there anything I can do to help them recover faster? The water temp is now back down to 78-80, and the water parameters are fine. My once amazing looking finger leather is all collapsed and rather pale looking, so if there is something I could do to increase the odds of it recovering soon that would be great. I am guessing it is the photosynthetic algae in it that dies due to the heat? If so, is there a way to dose the tank with some to increase recovery. I honestly have no idea what to do here other than wait.

Playa-1
12/16/2008, 12:23 AM
I don't think there is much you can do except keep you water parameters as stable as possible and hope for the best.

genpetahhhh
12/16/2008, 12:25 AM
ok thanks. I was assuming that was the answer but figured I would check anyway.

greenbean36191
12/16/2008, 07:45 AM
Increase water flow and feeding and decrease the light intensity by sticking some window screen over the top of the tank.

betamed
12/16/2008, 09:10 AM
check for ammonia due to the die off.