PDA

View Full Version : best anenome for 75?

happy_valley
12/16/2008, 03:20 AM
i have 75 gallon reef thats just starting to get a lot of pink coraline algae growing, is this to soon for anenome? and if not what the best pretty looking one to go with? i also want the best home ever for my clown, he so special to me hehe

thanx a lot great day to ya

Apercula
12/16/2008, 04:19 AM
We need a little more information before we can make a recommendation on an anemone for you.
How long has the tank been set up, and how stable are your water parameters(test results would help a lot), do you have a sandbed and its depth, what kind of lighting is on the tank, what species of clown do you have, how much flow do you have and how is it provided?

jubjub
12/16/2008, 12:51 PM
definately post up what kind of lighting you have that way its better to tell what kind of nem is right for you, or if your take is suitable for your tank.

as far as your clown what kind of clowns do you have because some clowns like different kind of nem's. although my false clowns are hosting my RBTA, but it says its not a natural home for them.

if you have metal halides, i would say thats definately perferable. how stable is your water params, are you using a rodi system.

the real reason alot of people bring this stuff up is like normal corals/fish etc if they die well...your out 20$-what ever dollars, if a nem dies and breaks apart, hits a powerhead etc it could pretty much kill off all the fish in your tank. dont think im trying to scare you off, just make sure you know what your getting into

my75gal i have a RBTA and it was a monster before it split.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/jubjubrsx/nem%20clone/100_0998.jpg

trigger24/7
12/16/2008, 01:30 PM
Wow, that is an awesome anemone you have there.