PDA

View Full Version : 75 pair/trio stocking, 20 long the same

bristle
12/16/2008, 02:03 PM
Hi,

I have a 75 gallon with a 30 gallon sump, BM100 skimmer. I currently have:

2 Amphiprion occellaris (False perculas)
2 Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish)
1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (Sixline wrasse)
1 Gramma melacara (Blackcap basslet)

The species I like:

3 Zebrasoma flavescens (Yellow tang)
2 Ambligobius rainfordi (Rainfords goby)
Pterosynchiropus splendidus (Mandarin Dragonet)

Can I add another sixline and blackcap? What about another firefish?

Any particular order in adding these fish? I know my system will have to recuperate for awhile after any addition.

I would have a 20 gallon long emptied that I would like to stock with small fish as well. Perhaps the rainfords and another type of small goby?

Any other suggestions? I enjoy my corals/shrimps/snails/crabs, so no predators of those.

Thanks.

myfrostymember
12/16/2008, 08:00 PM
ill tell ya what i know-- the dragon is mostly out due to your 6-line probably eating all his food so he would probably starve

if you are maning 3 tangs then no way they would destroy each other and maybe everything else- you might get away with one tang but you should probably stick to a smaller more laid back tang like a kole or tomini

rainfords im not sure i think (think) they are pretty peacefull and wouldnt caus any problems so long your 6-line left them alone he might not like the rainfords

i also believe blackcaps are fine together maybe get two more and have a trio of those-- before doing this get another opinion on the basslets and the rainfords those are the two im not really familiar with

my 75g i have ( just a fyi)
ywg/pistol shrimp
exquisite wrasse
clown pair
kole tang
middas blenny
and am thinking about another wrasse of some type

bristle
12/16/2008, 08:29 PM
Hmm...

I didn't realize yellow tangs were so intraspecifically aggressive...

What about this stocking list:

2 Amphiprion occellaris (False perculas)
3 Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish)
2 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (Sixline wrasse)
3 Gramma melacara (Blackcap basslet)
1 Zebrasoma flavescens (Yellow tang)
3 Pterapogon kauderni (Bangaii cardinal)

Into the 20 long.
2 Ambligobius rainfordi (Rainfords goby)
2 Signigobius biocellatus (2 spot goby)

bristle
12/16/2008, 08:31 PM
Ah, apparently the 2 spot goby isn't the best choice. Any other ideas for the 20 long?

bristle
12/16/2008, 08:37 PM
What about 2 Ecsenius bicolor (Bicolour blennies)? into the 20 long?

Chibils
12/16/2008, 09:06 PM
I would put rainfordi into the 75. A 20 would work, but build up pods first. Mine sifts pods out of the sand 24/7. He never stops.

hypermikie
12/16/2008, 09:12 PM
I have a 75ish gallon as well.

I would be surprised if your six-line would allow new additions that were passive fish (i.e. another firefish). I've had them beat new comers to death in the past. Since no longer have one.

I have 2 - Nemateleotris magnifica (Red Firefish), and 1- Nemateleotris decora (Purple Firefish) coexisiting in mine. All 3 were added closely together (purp, then 2 reds). I have a feeling if you tried adding another you would have problems. Probably one leaping to their death.

If considering a goby, I have a nice Amblyeleotris randalli (Randalls Goby) in mine. He is very peacful and a sand dweller that would probably be out of the six-line's territory. Plus if you run across a Pistol Shrimp its likely to co-habitate!!

As far as Bicolors go, it depends on your corals, if any. I had one and he was removed fairly quickly. He loved SPS polyps. He was not very particular just big bites out of anything.

Just some of my expereince.

bristle
12/16/2008, 11:51 PM
Thank you...maybe I'll have to pass on the bicolors as well.

The sixline is still in the 20 gallon and I could move him at my leisure, same with the blackcap basslet.

Basically I want to keep very small fish in the 20 gallon, and the larger, more space demanding fish in the larger 75 gallon. I like gobies and blennies and my clownfish...the small little guys.

Maybe a trio of the bangaiis into the 20 gallon? And the rainfordi into the 75? I have a large refugium in the 75.