PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Discount on Equipment?

Rick55555
12/16/2008, 06:17 PM
It was recently brought to my attention that some lfs and online retailers offered promotional pricing on dry goods and equipment for Thanksgiving. It's quite a surprise as I've been operating under the assumption for the past two years that there are no sales in this industry :)

I'm in the market for some equipment. Specifically, Vortechs or Tunzes. is anyone aware of any online retailers offering holiday sales/discounts?

I'm note sure whether this post is appropriate or whether it belongs in a different forum...

Thanks in advance

Rick

luisagos
12/16/2008, 08:40 PM
What I am doing is, contacting the lfs and asking them to list the item I want from their store and place it on Ebay.

From the 30% Cash Backs, i am getting some omg prices on my equipment I need.

Reef Geek has the best prices that I have seen and the guy is very cool. They don't sell on Ebay, but if you ask them nicely they will do it for you and fast.

I am about spend another $500 with them, that going to be $150 saving with the Cash Backs.

Not too shabby. :smokin:

moondoggy4
12/16/2008, 09:08 PM
luisagos is that with Tunze and Vortech because I believe there prices may be set.

luisagos
12/16/2008, 09:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13958794#post13958794 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by moondoggy4
luisagos is that with Tunze and Vortech because I believe there prices may be set.

The cool thing is, that your not asking the vendor to lower their prices, you will pay the full price they are asking.

The saving comes from Bill Gates, when you use his search engine to get from Live.com to Ebay, you can get up to 30 % cash back from Microsoft.
Bill Gates is paying you to use his site to link to Ebay.
Just need to watch how much is the % is for that day. It could change weekly, and I am betting on the 25 of this month its going to be 30%.

moondoggy4
12/17/2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks, I never heard of such a thing, you learn something everyday.

luisagos
12/17/2008, 11:31 AM
Np, I am very surprise very few know about this, even sellers are not aware of the saving.

jadams7
12/17/2008, 12:01 PM
How do you find the percentage for ebay? All I am seeing is a bunch of 'stores' with their discounts, but eBay is not on the list...

amstar
12/17/2008, 12:33 PM
what is the bill gates thing and how do you use it??

fours2many
12/17/2008, 12:55 PM
me too. I just see lots of different stores but no ebay.

I bought a lot off the internet this year...wish I would have known about this, would have saved me $$$

So, how do we get this to work for ebay?

amstar
12/17/2008, 01:57 PM
^^^^^

luisagos
12/17/2008, 01:58 PM
Please follow this exactly.

Go to http://www.live.com

search for ipod.

Look for the link that says:

Ipod-www.ebay.com $ Live Search cashback

click on it.

You should see 8% on top of the Ebay page.
Now go here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...:MEWN:IT&ih=010

You get the current cash back which is at 8 %, should be at 30 % in a couple of week if you wait.

You must buy and pay within 30 min after you enter ebay from the live.com search.
Only works on buy it now auction.
Sometimes, you can get insta cash back, some times it takes up to 60 days.
It will tell you much you get back just before you commit to buy it.

You can only use it 12 times a year, and a limit of $200 of cashback saving for each time you use it.
In other words, if you spend $1000 the max your going to get backis $200.

Have fun.