PDA

View Full Version : Odyssea Pc Ballast

MYDRAAL
12/16/2008, 08:10 PM
Anyone with experience replacing one of these ballast with another. I'm replacing a 2-96w ballast and would like to know if I can splice the new wires with the old wires that are connected to the plug? The replacement ballast doesn't have a switch, can I easily wire my old one into the new one? Please keep in mind that I know nothing about this type of stuff and will need to take very detailed baby steps :D

spamreefnew
12/16/2008, 09:11 PM
i replaced my odysea ballast with a ballast from homedepot once you open the plastic case it is identical. just remember that each lamp is just a 2-pin t-5 bent in half. if you look inside the case or look at any 2 lamp ballast at the depot it will have a little diagram on it. just take it slow and follow the diagram and be sure to make good solid splices. just try to picture the lamps of a shop light bent over so the 4 pins are in a line. hope that helps

MYDRAAL
12/16/2008, 10:25 PM
Do you remember how much the ballast at home depot were going for? What section of the store are they located? Thanks for the help :D

MYDRAAL
12/17/2008, 04:24 PM
:)