PDA

View Full Version : How to achieve ultra low nutrients?

snaza
12/17/2008, 08:52 PM
Hi,

my N03 is undetectable and my P04 is 0.03 (on hanna) but i still have algae on my glass (have to clean every day) and most of my SPS tissue is dark.

i dont want to get into zeovit because of the daily dosing. Id like to try prodibio but we cant get it in australia.

I tried vodka for about a month but didn't seem to help at all.

I run rowaphos in a reactor. Can that alone help get my P04 down to 0.01?

I really dont want to get a zeovit reactor but would the other basic 3 zeovit help me?

Is there anything else i could do that doesn't require daily dosing?

thanks

Aaron

plyr58
12/17/2008, 09:00 PM
I've been running Rowaphos for about a week in a NextReef reactor and my phosphates have gone from .5 to undetectable with my test kit. I won't have a Hanna at least until after Christmas so I don't know how low PO4 has gone. I do know my coral color has increased in the last week.

Genetics
12/17/2008, 09:28 PM
snaza, what do you mean by the sps tissue is dark? Coloration is a sign of health and your parameters look stellar. If you are looking for zeo coloration, you will have to go with zeo or neozeo products to get those results.

plyr58
12/17/2008, 09:50 PM
Also, not all corals are naturally insanely colored. Some are pastel-ish and some are darker colors.

snaza
12/17/2008, 10:32 PM
I've been running rowa for 6 months now. Many SPS i got were much lighter when i got them. They have just darken up and lost color intensity

HighlandReefer
12/18/2008, 05:01 AM
The bulb type you use can be played with.

Using more GFO or replacing it more frequently could be experimented with, but you can over do it.

mesocosm
12/18/2008, 11:12 AM
Never mind ... :lol: