PDA

View Full Version : Thanks BEERGUY

BertHarvey
12/17/2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks BeerGuy I found your post on DSLR very helpful. I have been lurking here for about a year now and never found it necessary to post. I am a member of several other reef forums and I think your post may be one of the most informative I have read. It’s rare for someone with so much knowledge to take the time to write something for amateurs. I have been looking at the Nikon D60 and the Canon Rebel XSI for 2 weeks.
After reading your post I feel good about picking up the D60 this Saturday.
Bert

Misled
12/17/2008, 10:12 PM
First I'll say you're welcome from Doug!!!!

Next being one of the Nikon yutzes here, I wanted to make sure you had all the info you need. Do you know about the lens limitations of the D60? Most of their older lenses and some of the primes will not auto focus on the D60. This may or may not be a problem for you, but the only Nikon lenses that will are labeled with AF-S. Alot of the off brand manufactures are now making their lenses with motors to work on the D60, but older ones won't.

Be that as it may, The D60 is a very nice camera. And B&H is having an instant rebate on some models right now.

Look Here.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=search&A=search&Q=&sb=bs%2Cupper%28ds%29&sq=asc&sortDrop=Brand%3A+A+to+Z&ac=&bsi=&bhs=t&ci=6222&shs=&at=Brand_Nikon&basicSubmit=Submit+Query

zenya
12/17/2008, 10:54 PM
Hi BertHarvey

[welcome]

Misled
12/17/2008, 10:58 PM
Oh, yea thanks Gene!!!! Welcome Bert!!!!!

BlueCorn
12/18/2008, 10:11 AM
:thumbsup:

kimmi.kim
12/18/2008, 02:00 PM
i second what Jesse has wrote. I used to have a nikon d40 and was only limited to AF-S lens. But it was still a very good beginner camera and took great pictures. Now i have upgraded to a d90 which will accept almost any lens that i want. :D

BertHarvey
12/18/2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I think the D60 will do more than I will ever need. It looks any of the DSLR's are far more advanced than me. I found the D60 With 2 lenses, a case, a printer (free after rebate), a photo book, 2 training cd’s, Some free digital prints and 18 free training/photo classes for $748.99 at a local camera shop. I have never owned a camera that cost over $150.00. I spent days reading and researching these cameras and have now decided the Nikon will do more than I need. I think the most important thing I am getting with this purchase is not the equipment it’s the 18 classes. I want to take better shots of my reef, and hunting/fishing trips. We also have our first baby (boy) on the way. He will be here in February. I am looking forward to all the photo ops he will provide.