PDA

View Full Version : Questions about using the Mighty Mite

revaltion131
12/18/2008, 07:49 AM
I purchased a used Mighty Mite a little while ago and I can't figure out how to make it work. I have the faucet adapter and hooking it up is no problem. I have the system set at a level below the faucet. My problem is figuring out what the water pressure needs to be out of the faucet and just where the little 'switch' on the faucet adapter needs to be set. I would love some help trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance!

Khandurian
12/19/2008, 01:04 PM
Turn the cold water on full blast, and the little "switch" completely closed. (No water passing through going down the drain)

The more water pressure that is delivered to the membrane, the more output you will get.

revaltion131
12/19/2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks, I'll try it again. The problem I'm having is that when I do that, pressure builds up in the adapter and blows the adapter off of the faucet in a hurry. Is it possible that something is clogging the filter?

Khandurian
12/22/2008, 02:49 PM
Or a kink in the line. Make sure that you have the waste water tube in the sink.

It could be that the connection is just not up to snuff either. hard to say.

revaltion131
12/29/2008, 08:56 AM
It was the connection. We got a professional-level adapter from Home Depot for ten bucks and it fixed the issue.

Khandurian
12/29/2008, 11:20 AM
Sweet!

tasandkrs
02/20/2009, 07:46 AM
The faucet adapter that came the the unit blows apart. Is that what you replaced? Also what switch are you referring to? Thanks