PDA

View Full Version : dying zoes

aushepherd
12/19/2008, 11:23 AM
I have bought 2 zoe frag colonies so far and every one has died. My clove polyps, mushrooms, and golden polyps are doing great. Water chem. is fine. Salinity is 35. Calcium is 450. I have a 125 gal tank. I don't think they being eaten because I watch evey day. They just close up and die.

1DeR9_3Hy
12/19/2008, 12:30 PM
What kind of lighting are the corals coming from? What kind of lighting do you have? Are all the corals from the same source?

Tswifty
12/19/2008, 02:37 PM
I would pull them out for closer observation under light, and root through them with some tweezers. It definitely sounds like you have some type of predator in the tank. Zoa spiders are ridiculously hard to spot, and aren't something you would see during normal observation.

paraletho
12/19/2008, 02:43 PM
+1 on the predators. I got a frag of Zoas from my LFS and I think it was something he took in trade. They did fine for a couple of days then started downhill. Did a freshwater dip and you wouldn't believe the critters that came out of there. The biggest problem was Zoa eating nudibranchs but they also had a @$#% pot load of large clawed amphipods. They are much better now

sandrifter
12/19/2008, 03:56 PM
Could also be an infection and dipping them would help.